A Pathway. Not a Program.
Implement an ongoing and effective structure where couples invest time, resources and creativity into their own marriage. Groups of 10-12 couples meet at set intervals to be engaged by Biblical concepts and look big picture. Then the couples create action steps and implement strategies to protect and promote life in their marriage between their meetings. Groups often stay together year-after-year.
The sessions are a time for couples to connect individually. The group dynamics allow for community and collective insight from marriage couples at every stage of life. Though there is no forced sharing, transparency tends to form after couples have experienced depth of relationship.
Participant-Paid & Lay-Led
Grace Marriage is participant-paid and lay-led. Participation costs can be offset by the church, but Grace Marriage can be implemented without church budgetary requirements. Church leaders are free to work on their own marriages within a group, while a trained facilitator guides the day. It’s an Ephesians 4, “equipping the saints,” ministry.
Engaging Curriculum & Customized Strategy
Grace Marriage creates engaging curriculum and resources for groups. A Church Support Specialist is assigned to each church to guide them through preliminary questions, launch strategy, implementation and ongoing support. Grace Marriage helps each church build a custom plan based on their unique context and culture. Promotional
resources (video & printed) are provided along with a Director’s Launch Kit.
What is Grace Marriage?
- Proactive discipleship pathway
- For all stages of marriage.
- Equips the local church with an effective, ongoing marriage ministry.
Why are we called Grace Marriage?
- The grace of God sets a marriage free to thrive.
- Jesus satisfies, marriage does not.
- Fully satisfied in Christ, we are freed to give everything to each other.
- Our hope is in Jesus, not in behavioral improvement.
- It is time to put our marriages under grace, not law. See Romans 6:14.
- 4 to 6 hours every ninety days.
- Groups of 10-12 couples.
- Led by a trained facilitator.
Grace Marriage is not…
- Marriage counseling.
- A traditional small group.
- A seminar or conference.
- A group sharing time. No one is required to open up about their life.
What will I do if I join a marriage group?
- Be engaged with Biblical concepts and strategies.
- Apply them to your marriage.
- Take a break from life’s obligations, talk and connect with your spouse.
- Be intentional, manage your life and get on the same page.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, fun and enjoyable time with your spouse.
How long can I continue in Grace Marriage?
- The structure continues from year-to-year.
- Some groups have been together for years.
How much does it cost?
- Varies from church to church.
- Participant paid.
- Some churches build in snacks, drinks, lunch, materials, the experience, and childcare.
How do I get involved?
- Call Grace Marriage and have it implemented in your local church.
- If Grace Marriage is already in your church, contact your church’s Director or Administrator and they can tell you how to get involved.
Who leads the groups?
- Facilitators from each church.
- Primarily lay facilitators.
- Trained by Grace Marriage.